Saturday, March 1, 2008

Fun night, fun day!

Last night we went to dinner at Red Robin. Alex loved the big bird they had in there. And here's a surprise, he loved the "fry sauce" (their Campfire Sauce) and dipping everything in it. He wouldn't eat the turkey until we pulled out the dip and then he was all about it. And you know that after eating a few bites of food with dip, he resorted to just sticking his fingers in it and licking them off!
Mama is proud that her little boy is a dip lover, and more importantly, fry sauce lover!

When we left, we got a balloon on the way out and Alex was SO excited about it! He had the biggest grin on his face!

We then went over to Target to pick up some of my favorite ice cream (Archer Farms Praline Pecan). As we were getting out of the car, Alex grabbed the balloon that was tied onto the door handle and the string broke and Alex let go of the balloon. So after a fun 5 minutes of playing with the balloon we had a fun time watching it float high into the sky. Darn. I thought I was guaranteed a peaceful, happy drive home after Target.

After going home, Alex was being so silly. He was being pretty silly in the restaurant and in Target too, so I should have been expecting it. He was spinning endlessly, laughing and giggling, running around, and getting down on his hands and knees to chase me like I chase him (complete with just hitting his hands on the floor like I do). We got shot some fun videos, so I'll have to post those tomorrow.

On the video note, Jon put a video compressor on the laptop, so now I can post some of the longer videos since they are now compressed and under the upload limit! yay! I promised my board girls long ago I would post the naked bum dancing video, so I am going to find it and compress it so that I can finally do that!

So today we went to the Home and Garden show. It was pretty much all pools. Hmm... could we possibly live in Texas? We did find a really fun thing that I wanted to get for Alex. It's a sand/water box with a sun shade and a cover that comes over the sand side for storage. I know he would have a lot of fun with that this summer. That boy LOVES being outside. We didn't get it, but I'm thinking that maybe I can build one. Dad, you're coming to visit this summer, right???
We also got a little vacation package to San Antonio and will probably go there again for our anniversary/4th of July.
Oh ya! And we got CZ bands to go on either side of my wedding ring! We actually had to buy 2 sets to get the 2 bands, so I'll soon (they only had one in my size and will be shipping the other soon) be the proud owner of 2 CZ engagement rings and 2 bands. So if you know of anyone that would like a pretty cute CZ ring (good to propose with I think!), I have a couple.

To end our day, we walked over to Town Lake and walked around and played on the grass down there. Alex LOVED it. I loved that they had mostly normal grass! And it was so green and pretty! It was a beautiful day! Pictures of our fun there later!

And now I am off to bed. Jon is playing a Star Wars game and I don't know when he will be joining me, but I have a headache, so I really need to head out. Staring at a computer screen is not a very good headache treatment.

I'll post pictures/videos tomorrow!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

"Mama is proud that her little boy is a dip"

ROFL!!

Liz said...

LOL, that little Alex is such a "dip"!

I bet Town Lake was so fun for you guys in this gorgeous weather!

Chelsea said...

We went to Red Robin earlier this week! And I couldn't believe how well behaved Andrew was the whole time we were there! He's usually a nightmare in restaurants!

Oh, and you don't have the only son thats a "dip"