An appropriate post for my dad's birthday. Happy Birthday Dad! I miss having you and your tools around.
So today I set about making the covers for my barstools. I only got 12" of fabric thinking that would be wide enough to cover the tops. Well, it covered down the sides, but didn't go under the bottom at all. So I had to sew a little strip of fabric on each side so that it would be wide enough to cover. I have that done and I have my batting cut out, so now all I need is a staple gun.
I'll probably pick one up tomorrow as I'll be needing one anyway when I do the valances in my living room.
Sadly enough, I think my dad has 2 hand held staplers (haha... I'm remembering my mom and I using them to put the tulle and ivy up on our deck columns for my wedding) and an electric one, so he has enough to spare. But alas... I live 1500 miles away.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Why do I not have a staple gun???
Posted by Carrie at 10:12 PM

2 Comments:
Ah! I know exactly how you feel! I *hate* buying tools... cause my Dad has everything we could need and more! But boo to living too far away to borrow any!! Oh, and you need to post pics of this amazing fabric. I am very curious.
Good luck in your pursuit my staplegun is always jamming go figure makes me nuts..Jennifer
Post a Comment