I went to the fabric store today. I LOVE the fabric store!
I could spend forever in there. I didn't even look at the home decor fabrics because I had a friend with me.
My little mind was spinning with ideas and I wished that I could live there. They have nice sewing machines, crafty books and all of the supplies, and endless amounts of fabric. When I die, I want heaven to be a fabric store.
While there, I was thinking about my mother in law taking her little boy to the fabric store for hours at a time. At least it seemed like hours to the little boy. Jon throws a fit if I ever suggest that I need to stop by the fabric store. I think his mom scarred him for life. I keep telling myself that I'm ingraining a love for craftiness and beautiful fabrics in Alex. Or at the very least I'm giving him a good sensory experience by letting him feel all the different kinds of fabrics. And yes, he actually does love doing that. I can park my cart next to the shelves and he runs his little baby hands along the fabric with glee. Hmm... doesn't sound like his mommy at all...
The good news is, I found a fabric that I LOVE! I actually bought some to cover the tops of my barstools with. I want to go back and get some more to make a sling and also to cover an office chair with for my crafty desk (many thank yous to Nicole for the inspiration!). Is it possible to be in love with one fabric enough that you want it everywhere? I'm starting to think so. In fact... I was just thinking what great throw pillows it would make on my couch! Maybe even both of my couches. Oh! And a tablecloth! Yes, I am in love.
Monday, March 17, 2008
be still my heart!
Posted by Carrie at 10:36 PM

2 Comments:
Show us the fabric already!!! :)
Yay for fabric! I need to go some day soon!
Post a Comment