So since I didn't get to painting the barstools and shelf last week, I did that today while Alex was down for his nap.
Funny thing about these barstools... My dad and I picked them up at the Magna/West Valley DI about 4 years ago for about a dollar or 2 each! They were for my new apartment. I still laugh because they don't exactly match, but they fit our needs. I couldn't bring myself to go and buy new barstools for $30 each when I had perfectly good ones sitting right here. The next step to to cover the top with some batting (thin cushioning) and some fabric and they'll be as cute as ever!
and here is my bathroom nearly decorated. I just have to do some window treatments!
I didn't get to plant my flowers today, but I should be able to do that this week sometime. We're also going to try to get some trees ordered to plant in our backyard (hmm... maybe we can wait to plant them until the Marsh family gets here so they can help dig the holes...) and finish our back patio extension. Oh ya and re-landscape our ugly front bush area.
Here's a picture of our house... let me know if you have any great ideas on bushes/flowers. Mostly, I would love suggestions on what to do to emphasize the columns. I was thinking topiary type trees or hibiscus trees (hehe since we won't have to deal with them getting huge and looking weird before we move. They grow up to 6-8' high and they are 6-8' at their widest part.) Please note though, the bushes in front are much taller and bushier now (especially the tall bush in front of the column closest to the door. It is out of control! You can hardly see the column it's so wide.) and our door/shutters are also a brighter red. Okay... I went out and took a real time picture. So that is the nighttime picture after this first one.
We just tied up the bush today so it's a little more put together, but I still think it's ugly and need something more streamlined.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment