Monday, March 3, 2008

Shopping is always good... right?

I felt like getting out today and Alex and I needed to share some french fries (one of our new favorite things to do), so we went out to pick up some various items and browse Ross.

First stop: Office Max. We needed ink and I needed some printable magnetic sheets. You will be seeing the need for those in the coming weeks. I let Alex down to walk around and he had a blast. He loved walking from one end of the store to the other and would "run" away if I got too close to him. Good thing he's not too fast yet! He was quite upset when I picked him up to go up front and pay for our things. Surprised? Not at all.

Next: Ross. I went looking for a larger pair of jeans for him to wear on the random cold days we've been having. I found NADA. So I'll have to just put him in his sweat/track pants on those days and be happy with that. I did however find a blanket with silk on one side and minky on the other just like his green blanket. It's different because it's blue and has a large decal (?) on one corner, but to him it feels just the same so it's just as good. So we now have a replacement blankie for when his needs to be washed. Best of all, it was only 5 bucks!
We also got some new books. I think Jon is probably getting a little sick of reading "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" every night. We got a set of Curious George books, a set of 3 little golden books (2 of them were stories that I remembered liking when I was little), and a book called Mommy's Little Boy.

On the book note, I am working on putting together a book wish list for Alex on Amazon. We love books and can't get enough of them around here, so I'm throwing books out there as an ALWAYS loved gift for Alex.


Oh ya, and I also got some cute little newborn baby shoes/booties because they were so darn cute. Hopefully we have another one sometime because I already have stuff for it! Yikes! I must be crazy!

After our trip to Ross we drove over to The Golden Arches (aka McD's) and got some french fries. These kept Alex quiet the whole ride home. Hooray for french fries! Mmm... I might need some more french fries again tomorrow. We DO have to go to wal mart anyway...


And just because I can, I'm going to show off the invitation I made for our ward's relief society birthday dinner later this month. I admit that I can digital scrapbook and have it look good. It would be great if I actually enjoyed it enough to actually do something with it (ahem... like scrapbooking...) besides photo cards/announcements/invitations etc. But like all major projects, it's just too overwhelming and time consuming. I find that I don't do well at baby stepping big projects (except maybe sewing). I would much rather start a project and be able to finish is rather quickly.

Here's the invite!

Photobucket

I'm editing to add that I like the colors of this so much that I think I'm going to make a new title page for my blog with the same kind of design!


Oh! I almost forgot! My replacement sewing machine came today! So now I can get back to work on my quilt at night/nap time while Alex sleeps next door (because it's quiet). I also am going to try making some slings. I've been dieing for a new one and have a couple of friends who I am planning on making one for as well. I'll let you know how it goes!

2 Comments:

Lyns said...

That invite looks fabulous!!! Hooray for french fries AND new sewing machines. Not to mention SUPER cute patterns that will arrive in 2-7 business days!! LOL!!

whitney said...

Ooo, very pretty invite! I adore french fries-in fact, I think I'm going to go get some ASAP for lunch. Yay! for Burger King and safe fries! Have fun with your new, quiet sewing machine!