But I did get my barstools covered! Well, one currently. I had to stop because Alex needed to take a nap in the room next door and stapling also involves hammering for me.
I don't know if the wood on the stools was just hard or if I just suck, but pretty much none of the staples went in all of the way. And then, when I hammered them, a lot of them just bent over sideways instead of going in straight. So it looks really umm... nice... underneath, but I figured no one will see that anyway.
I am very excited I have a staple gun though. It was a lot of fun!
here is the finished barstool:

and a close up of the fabric that so many are dieing to see. Isn't it nice?! I love it! (by the way it is brown, green, and cream. The sunlight washed it out a little in the picture)
I also picked up a bread machine I bought off of craig's list today. It's a little big larger than I was anticipating... LOL, but I'm excited to get some good use out of it. It's only been used a few times, so it's pretty much new. I hate making dough of any kind because it's such a pain to knead it and then let it rise and then knead it again. This should greatly simplify that process so I can make more dough stuff and not just bread. I can even make jam in this thing! I have plans of making cinnamon rolls this week. YUM!
Now... to figure out where to store the monster. I'm thinking my next house is definitely going to have some kind of appliance hider. It's going to have to be HUGE though because I have a big ol' breadmaker now in addition to my crockpot (I would love to just keep this out on the counter and slide it out any time I wanted to use it), blender, and toaster. Hmm... maybe the waffle iron, george foreman, and griddle too. I just like to keep things within easy reach!
I'll let you all know how my bread making goes!
Friday, March 21, 2008
I'm not so good at the staple gun...
Posted by Carrie at 1:37 PM

2 Comments:
Your bar stool turned out gorgeous! I must admit, I wasn't sure the fabric would work with the black, but it does. At least in the picture. ;) And if you're gonna make some cinnamon rolls, you'd better let us know when that's happening... :)
Way cute! I love it!
Post a Comment