Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mmm... Popcorn!

Tonight we popped some popcorn and started a movie before putting Alex to bed so that he could try out the popcorn. It was so cute to have him sitting next to me and reaching his little hand over into the popcorn bowl. He was very much a fan of the popcorn. I'm not at all surprised since popcorn happens to be one of my favorite things.
I remember as a kid, we'd be laying in bed going to sleep and we'd hear the popcorn popper start up. The popping would soon begin and we would get excited... we knew what was coming. My dad would bring us each a little cup of popcorn and we would eat it in our beds happily. It always made us so happy to have that little treat.
I figure that is probably where the obsession started and I plan on doing the same thing to my kids that my parents did to me. I still love to sit down and watch a movie and share a bowl of popcorn with my family when I am home. It may sound weird, but it just makes me happy. Who wouldn't want to share the same things they loved as a child with their own children?

0 Comments: