Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thank you Michael Buble... we now have a fever : (

Last night before putting Alex to bed I noticed that he felt maybe a little warm, but he was acting fine, so we just put him to bed.

Well he woke up crying at about 12:30 and I went in and got him and he was a lot warm. We took his temperature (THAT was almost as fun as when he got stitches) and it was 101.6.
We drugged him up with Motrin and tried to put him back to bed. He was not having that. He wanted to sit in the chair and sleep on Mama. LOTS of fun for tired Mama.

After several attempts to put him in his crib, even after he had fallen asleep, he came into bed with us. He laid there, but didn't really go to sleep. For 2 hours. So this mama didn't really go to sleep either.

I tried putting him in his crib after about an hour and a half of the no sleep in mommy and daddy's bed and had a repeat of the I just want to sit in the chair and sleep on mama and I'll scream if you try to put me in my crib experience. I even went back to bed determined to let him cry it out. After 30 minutes (at least) of screaming with no sign of giving up, he came back to our bed (it's now almost 4) and I handed the reins to Jon in exhaustion/frustration.

After about 1/2 an hour of Jon trying to get him to lay down and go to sleep in our bed, he took him into his room and put him in his crib. He cried for a minute, but then stopped and went to sleep.

Luckily he slept until 9:00 ish, but of course, he only took an hour and a half nap and then didn't want to take one later in the day (even though it was obvious that he was tired).

This afternoon his temp was 100.1 and tonight before bed it was 100.6. I noticed when I was holding him to put him to sleep tonight that he seemed to be breathing a little quickly. He's just getting over a cold, but he doesn't seem at all congested and doesn't have a cough at all. So I'm going to keep an eye on him and probably call my pedi tomorrow to see if I should be worried about pneumonia or other respiratory infection since his only symptoms of such so far is the fever and slightly quickened breathing.

So lots of fun going on in this house! Luckily I got Alex into a deep enough sleep that he was okay when I laid him down in his crib tonight so I have some time to myself. I hope he sleeps well so that he's not overly tired again tomorrow.


In other good news, I picked up a computer desk that I am going to use as a sewing table on craigs list for a whopping $15! I'm so excited!

1 Comment:

Angela said...

i guess sometimes the free babysitters aren't always best when you have germs floating around.