
this is our old blender. We sold it on craigs list recently because it has 2, yes TWO whole whopping speeds on it. Would you like your drink blended on high, or low? Tough choice. Funny thing, there wasn't even that much of a difference in the two. But we were young and newly married and wanted something cute. Oh how we've learned (and should have known! I'm a designer! ) that form truly does follow function. So yes, it functioned, but not up to par. The form had to be sacrificed to get the proper functionality.
ANYWAY...
I mixed up some crepes tonight, which required the blender. I flipped it on and Alex freaked out. He was so scared! Poor guy!
He has always been afraid of the blender, but I haven't used it in so long that I forgot. And apparently Alex also forgot that he was getting to be okay with it at one point. It took a few months of laughing and dancing around whenever I turned it on for him to think it was maybe not quite as scary. I guess we're back to square one.
On a similar note, I hope that he's still not afraid of this guy:
He was also pretty scary, but not nearly to the degree that the blender was. Okay, maybe I lie. I used this a few months ago to chop some stuff up and, big surprise, Alex freaked out. I'm sure I would have a similar outcome if I were to whip it out tomorrow.
Aren't appliances wonderful?!
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Added to the scary list: BLENDER
Posted by Carrie at 11:39 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment