Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Things Alex Says

I know I just posted, but I wanted to do a list of the words that Alex says and thought other people who read this may want to know too!

we all know he has uhh ohh down.

he also knows

  1. dog
  2. woof
  3. moo
  4. bock
  5. gobble
  6. ooo ooo (monkey)
  7. frog
  8. ribbit ribbit
  9. ssss (snake)
  10. rrrr rrr rrrr(bear. I have to find a video of him doing this. It's so funny!)
  11. mow (cat)
  12. baa (sheep)
  13. heeeee (horse)
  14. naked (said like nay)
  15. button (said like buuu)
  16. ball (ba)
  17. up
  18. dada
  19. mama
  20. eat
  21. milk (miiilll)
  22. more (mo)
  23. bean (bee)
  24. bee
  25. cheese (chee)
  26. baby (bee)
  27. stinky (stee)
  28. mess
  29. hat
  30. hot (hhhha)
  31. truck
  32. brr
  33. mmmmm
  34. lacrosse (oss)
  35. football
  36. apple
  37. applesauce (babababa)
  38. bread (brebrebre!)
  39. chair (chhh)
  40. tree (tee)
  41. blankie
  42. binkie
  43. book
  44. bath (baa)
  45. ya
  46. uh huh
  47. grandpa (pa)
  48. grandma (ma)
  49. pea
  50. wash
  51. banana (nana)
  52. pretty (pre)

It's amazing how much he knows. He understands what we are saying to him and knows what things are, even if he can't say them himself. Most of the time he tries to say stuff after I do and usually does a pretty good job.

Some other cute things he's been doing:
brings me books to read to him
grabs my hand to put something in them and then loves it when I give it back to him
always goes over to the toy closet after eating breakfast in excitement
shakes his hands off after washing
shakes his little music maker maracas
shakes his head just to be silly
shakes his head to say no
constantly sits and stands repeatedly in his little rocking chair. This is often accommponied by his many ups
will say up repeatedly until I get him up on the couch
likes to lean back on the couch like mom and dad do
talking on the phone (he walks around in circles and says "uh huh" and "ya")
when we ask him if he wants a bath, he runs over to the gate saying baa and tries to get the gate open or climb over it
loves throwing balls back and forth. He recently learned to kick them too.
will grab my hand if he wants me to go somewhere or if he's sitting on my lap he'll grab me and grunt like he's trying to pull me up.
loves to close the gate when we come downstairs in the morning
loves watching daddy's basketball games
has recently found out how fun being chased by mom is. He giggles and screams and tries to run away and it's so funny!


I know there's probably more that he does and says, but this is all I can think of for now! I have such a cute little boy!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Alex is growing up so fast! That is one impressive list of words. Oh and your other post has me wanting popcorn. Right. Now.