Yesterday was a great day!
I didn't do any dishes or clean my house because it was a holiday. Okay, well I did put the dishes in the sink and clean off the counter and pick up the toys, but beyond that... nothing.
We ordered pizza for dinner, after which Jon cleaned up Alex and then we gave him his Valentine's present, a little wooden bead wire maze things (from Ikea!) that they have at Dr.'s offices and such. He absolutely loves it! He's a very easy little boy to love.
Then we got Alex ready for bed and Jon read him his new book from Grandma C. and put him to bed.
After he was in bed, Jon helped me make some peanut butter fingers to take to my primary kids today. He also dipped strawberries for us to eat with our sparkling cider later. Then we watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, mixed up some frosting for the peanut butter fingers and frosted them, and then we exchanged gifts.
I made a playlist online for Jon of songs from the TV show Friday Night Lights (which he is sitting listening to right now. I guess he likes it!). Jon got me tickets to the Michael Buble concert (which I am SO excited for!) on the 27th, a beautiful necklace, and a message in a bottle which was really cute. The second part of his present I didn't give him until tonight. I put a quote on the wall in Portuguese for him.
Here are a few pictures of it:

It says "Real love is forever" in Portuguese. He loves it and so do I! I love how warm and romantic our room feels and that the words just add to it. I couldn't stop looking at it all day today because it's so cute!
So between not cooking for days in a row (because we have leftover pizza and fancy dinner), having a cuter room, a happy baby, and going to the Michael Buble concert, I have to say that we had a very good Valentine's day this year.


1 Comment:
I absolutely ADORE your bedroom! Sometime you need to give me some ideas for mine!
Alex is looking more and more like a little boy! Where did our babies go? ;)
Post a Comment