Monday, February 18, 2008

He went to Nursery!

So this is for yesterday. I had a headache last night and didn't get a post done.
What I wanted to share was that Alex went to nursery and didn't end up in the primary room screaming after 5 minutes!

Jon took him in and sat with him for about 5 or 10 minutes until he seemed okay enough for Jon to go. And apparently he did well for a little while. I had to laugh at all the people who reported to me afterward. My friend Erin (the primary president) said she went in there and he was doing great (yay!). My friend Angela also went in and she said that he was crying, so she hung out with him for a bit... sung some songs and held him and he was okay again.

Of course he cried when we came in to pick him up (he was just so relieved that we came back for him I guess) and just wanted to be held and loved.

So we'll see how it goes next week. I may have someone sit with my class for a bit during sharing time so that I can sit in nursery with him for a while.

Oh and the report from the nursery leaders: He loved snack time and bubbles. I'm not at all surprised.

3 Comments:

The Staheli's said...

Avery went yesterday too!!! It sounds like she and Alex had a very similar experience. Avery started balling when we picked her up too. Hopefully they will both enjoy it more and more as time goes on!

Jenni said...

I wish I could take Remington to nursery! Since Nate teaches I go to sacrament meeting then go home cause I can't handle rem by myself. Three months to go!

Madre Marsh said...

Fortunately, I was the Nursery leader when Jon started nursery. One recommendation from a former Nursery leader...have the same parent drop off and sit for a bit, it helps with consistency and then they are less likely to "play" the parents. I love hearing all about my little grand buddy!