Thursday, February 14, 2008

making up for yesterday by talking about yesterday!

So after Alex's nap yesterday, we headed over to our friends, Kenn and Amy's house to prepare a fancy dinner together for our husbands. We figured that making a nice dinner together would be much less work and stress than trying to do one ourselves.
I do have to say that it turned out fabulously!

We made spinich honey mustard salad, lemon honey cornish hens, a delicious carrots, lemon, and apple recipe from The Lion House, onion rosemary potatoes, and whipped cream Valentine cake.
Everything went so well together and it could not have been better!

And the best part? Tonight I get to sit at home and do nothing for dinner since we are ordering pizza. Not having to cook dinner? Now THAT is a good valentine!

Now to finish throwing together my gifts for Jon and think about cleaning up the house a little and my day will be complete!

1 Comment:

Katy said...

That sounds yummy!! We are skipping Valentine's Day and celebrating it tomorrow or Saturday (I have school 'til 8 pm). I love your blog Carrie!