Sunday, February 24, 2008

A nice day outside

Today was a beautiful day!
While we were grilling up some yummy chicken on our grill (I highly recommend using Newman's Own Sesame Ginger as a marinade!), Alex ran around out in the grass. The grass right now is very much in winter deadness and is pretty long, so it was a little hard for Alex to walk around in. He fell down a LOT, but started getting better at it.
We had to make sure he avoided the new anthill we discovered by our patio. I guess that means it is almost time to put out the usual fire ant killer/fertilizer combo. I hate fire ants and having to worry about Alex getting into them and getting bitten. And I HATE the grass here. I don't think I can emphasize that enough!

Alex did learn to brush the grass off of his hands after falling down though, so that was cute.

Another cute Alex thing is that he has started saying bye whenever I say bye on the phone. It makes me laugh because I say bye and then have this little echo of buh after me. Who wouldn't smile after hearing that and looking over to a little grinning boy?

Alex also folds his arms for prayers (although he doesn't have a lot of patience), says amen (men!), and does the sign for baby when he wants to watch baby signing times. And he screams when he gets his diaper changed. This seems to be something that comes and goes because he the same thing for a while when he was about 8 months old. He had been really great about getting changed until about the last month and I'm hoping that he'll go back to being okay with it soon!

Sad news of the week is that Alex picked up a cold, so no nursery for him this week.
Happy news of the week is that Wednesday is the Michael Buble concert! I'm so excited!
Hope all of you have a great day and week!

2 Comments:

The Staheli's said...

Alex is growing up so much. Avery does the same thing saying "bye" when I do. I love that he folds his arms and says "men" for the prayer. That is too cute!

Ashlie said...

Alex is so cute! Brynn fold her arms for prayer too, she just hasn't gotten down the Amen part quite yet. She doesn't have the patience to wait until the end. :)