Friday, August 29, 2008

Me + big sale at Joann's = TROUBLE

I probably spent way too much $$$ today. BUT I got so much great stuff! Flannel prints were 40% off, so I got some flannel to make Alex an adorable soft rag quilt (and an extra to sale).
And then of course college prints for slings. I made my first one tonight and hope to get the other ones done this weekend.
Despite the large amount of money, I did get some good deals, a lot of cute stuff, and I did get an extra 10% off my total purchase, so yay for that!

I also got some stuff to make some wall hangings in my craft room, which I am excited for. When I get them up, I will probably take a picture so y'all can see the cuteness of my craft room. I'm still anxiously awaiting my floor mat though.

I think I'm going to go back to Joann's this weekend to get some fabric to make curtains for my bedroom. Home decor fabric is 50% off, plus another 10% off of that total. I really need to get the drapes done so that it looks better come sell time.


So if you weren't planning on doing so anyway, you should totally hit up the Joann's Labor day sale. I had a good time!

2 Comments:

Liz said...

I didn't even think about fabric shopping this weekend--great idea! I need to scope out some more fabric for some baby projects I'm wanting to make before Nov, and I still need to pick some fabric for that diaper bag I want to make. I think I know what I'm doing today now! :)

whitney said...

How fun! I absolutely ADORE fabric shopping. I'm not nearly crafty enough to warrent it all that often, but there's something about walking into JoAnn's...it's like you can smell the potential in the air or something. Ahhh...