We had quite the fun weekend. I got a pleasant start into it by visiting a fabric store (yup, another one) with my friend Amy to pick out some fabric for a pouch sling for her baby boy who will be here in 7 weeks. The boys (Alex and his friend Caleb) did suprisingly well. Caleb did end up in the stroller, but only because Amy couldn't really chase him and concentrate on fabric.
One thing I love about kids in fabric stores that as long as they have clean hands and you keep them away from the thread (which is not an easy task!), they really can't do much damage. I will definitely be visiting this store again as they had a basket of toys for kids AND one of the employees was SO NICE to the boys and was interacting with them. She was asking Alex to show her colors of fabrics and kept him nicely occupied. I appreciated her friendliness so much.
Amy ended up with a delicious looking sling. The thing I love most about her fabric choices was that they were neutral, but still had a girly look to them. One side is chocolate with a small repeated paisley. The other side is cream with a slightly darker cream larger scale more free form paisley. Very subtle, but very yummy.
Of course, Amy had to take advantage of my non pregnant state to help her out at Costco. Costco is just not a place a pregnant woman should venture into alone. The boys loved riding along together in the double-wide cart and shared a package of poptarts. Amazingly enough, we didn't stop to try any of the samples. When you're racing against naptime and you know the lines to checkout will be long (as always), there is no time for such things.
After getting the boys down for their naps, I started on Amy's sling. I was able to get it sewn up in just over 3 hours. And it took me longer because my little monkey decided that an hour and a half was all of the nap he was going to have. Since he had such a short nap, he was pretty clingy and got upset if I wasn't over playing with him or watching him play. As soon as Caleb woke up and they were chasing eachother around the house giggling in true little boy fashion, I was able to get the sling done. I have enough fabric to make another one, so I'll post some pictures of the fabric and if you want it, I can make it for you. Otherwise, it will go up in my etsy store as my first item to ever sell!
Dinner went well except the chicken was a little too lemony. Still yummy, but strong. Amy's butternut squash was delicious and Alex loved the carrots.
After letting dinner settle Amy and I whipped up some cupcakes. The best part was that we made them allergy friendly for Caleb by using egg replacer and making sure not to get frosting with milk, and then ended up pouring chocolate chips in which do NOT make them Caleb friendly. So poor Caleb now has cupcakes sitting on his countertop that he can't eat. Sad days.
Amy and I had time to frost and eat a cupcake each before we headed off to Barnes and Noble to pick up Amy's copy of Breaking Dawn. Luckily she had a wristband in the first group (the line to get a wristband in Texas was a LOT easier than getting one in Utah) and we were out of there by 12:05. Total wait time of thirty minutes, which is a good thing when you are pregnant.
It was such a fun night. We haven't had a late night with Kenn and Amy for a while, so it was so nice to sit around and talk and laugh like we used to all of the time. Man, I wish we lived next door to those guys. My life would be complete. Thanks for having us over!
Today Jon got to hang out at the convention center all day for Sales Conference for work. He got there at 8 and didn't get home until after 8. I know it's one Saturday out of the whole year, but it still sucks when you husband has to work on Saturday and leave you with the baby by yourself for an extra day that you'd usually have them around.
And to make it a complete mama/baby FILLED weekend, Alex has a cold so I am staying home with him from church tomorrow.
Alex and I did have fun today though. We got some free nuggets at chick-fil-et, hit a few garage sales in our neighborhood (nothing good. All crap. I couldn't believe it), went to the Salvation Army Store grand opening (got some books), and returned some stuff at Michaels. When we got home Alex wanted "o-meal" and "appasaus" for dinner, so that's what he had. He didn't eat a lot of it, but he hasn't been eating a lot for the past 2 days.
Exciting news of the evening is that Alex went poop on the potty, which is a first! He was very proud of himself.
I'm not sure where to go on the potty training because he is still in a crib (that doesn't convert to a toddler bed) and I didn't plan on moving him to a full bed until we moved- probably within 6 months of him turning 2. He still hasn't grasped to tell me before he goes, but gets really upset when he is wet. He's been waking up from naps early because he's wet and wants to be changed. Same thing with during the night- he'll wake up and realize he's wet and won't calm down until he gets his diaper changed. He tells me "pee pee" all the time, but when we sit on the toilet nothing happens. I know that he's still really young, but he seems to be ready for potty training. He's very interested in it and excited about it, doesn't like being wet, wants to go potty in the potty, and tells me right as he's going pee. I worry about putting him in underwear and him not getting the concept of not peeing/pooping in them. I guess I need to do some reading!
Thanks for sticking with me through that. It was REALLY LONG! There was just so much that happened this weekend that was fun for me.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
longest post of all time about our weekend!
Posted by Carrie at 10:46 PM

2 Comments:
Well, I must say, we had a darn good time as well. :) You guys are welcome anytime, especially if you make that delicious chicken again!
Oh and I'd like to publicly state how I destroyed Jon on Tetris Attack. Rematch?
Post a Comment