Wednesday, August 27, 2008

BYE PEE PEE!!!!

How's that for a blog title?

We've been doing some casual potty training with Alex (remember this post?) since he was interested and willing. We've had some rough days, but we've had some good days too. I think ONCE after he pooped in the potty or when I put his poop in the potty (remember, cloth diapers) to show him where poop goes we said bye to the poop when we flushed.
Well, this is now one of Alex's favorite things to do when we go potty. Saying bye to the pee pee always consists of looking into the potty, waving bye, and yelling bye pee pee (or poopy) into the toilet. I should take a video of the whole thing to post (does that make me a blogging nerd?)

I guess it could be embarrassing, but I find it really funny. And I think that if I were in a public restroom and heard a 2 year old yelling bye to the pee pee as the toilet flushed I would be cracking up.

Today it reached a new level. Jon was flushing and Alex and I were on the other side of the house in the kitchen. As soon as Alex heard the toilet flushing, he was yelling out bye pee pee and running toward the bathroom to watch it go down.

So Utah family, prepare to have your pee pee said goodbye to!

1 Comment:

Liz said...

LOL! Anna is starting to get the hang of the point of the potty too. She won't use it much herself, but she likes to say "Bye-bye poopy (or whatever)" whenever she hears a flush.

You've got me cracking up about hearing a toddler in a public restroom saying it, though. :) Kids are funny!