Sunday, August 24, 2008

A BUG

While I was sewing, I woke Alex up since my craft room is right next to his bedroom. As seasoned parents of Alex, most of the time we can tell if he just needs a chance to go back to sleep or if going in and giving him in his binky and having him lay down is better. When we do go in, we try to go in before he has cried for too long so that he's still in sleep mode. When he cries for a long time it takes a lot more effort for him to go back to sleep as I know all too well from trying to get him to go back to sleep after a short nap.

Sleeping routines aside, Jon went in and found Alex sitting up in his bed, totally out of it and crying. Jon found his binky and Alex looked over at his pillow and saw a spot of dried blood on there (does anyone ever really know how dried blood gets on their pillow? I admit that it came from me when I was using it to elevate when I had a sinus infection, but I have no idea how the blood got there), pointed at it and said "bug, bug". He was very concerned that a bug was on his pillow. Quite the scary thing for a half asleep toddler!
Daddy saved the day and turned the pillow over and said there isn't a bug. It must have been the right thing, because Alex laid down and was out.

Not the funniest tale, but it certainly made us smile.

1 Comment:

Heather said...

Very cute story.
I didn't call my bishop at the front desk of the temple because I was really upset and my brother in law and I had already made a couple of people about 5 mins late. so i just didn't worry about it.
hope all is well.