Yesterday I was enjoying a quiet and peaceful naptime when I heard the strangest noise right outside my back patio door. It sounded like a small thud and a little bit of scratching/scraping.
So I wandered over to the door in curiosity and found one of my least favorite birds (a gracken) sitting on my door mat right outside the door. Imagine this bird inches away from you with his neck craned toward the window and giving you "the eye". Except he's much more brown, ruffly feathered, and scary looking than the bird in the picture.

Really, I think this bird is one of the creepier birds out there. I think it's the eyes.
He looked at me for a second and then flew away. It was really random and I don't quite understand why he thought he could fly through my very dirty window, but apparently he wasn't the brightest of birds.
I'm just glad he didn't die there. Dead birds are disgusting. Did I ever tell you about the time I had a dead bird actually stuck, wings spread, to the grill of my car? Good thing I had Jon and Darin around to remove it! SICK!
He looked at me for a second and then flew away. It was really random and I don't quite understand why he thought he could fly through my very dirty window, but apparently he wasn't the brightest of birds.
I'm just glad he didn't die there. Dead birds are disgusting. Did I ever tell you about the time I had a dead bird actually stuck, wings spread, to the grill of my car? Good thing I had Jon and Darin around to remove it! SICK!

1 Comment:
At Tahoe last summer, R spotted something coming out of the front grille of our car...a little poking and prodding revealed that it was a dead bird INSIDE the front grille. How it got in I have no idea, because it took some serious doing to get it out. Gross.
Post a Comment