Alex's favorite song is Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree. Are you surprised? The boy is only a popcorn fanatic. He does all of the actions really well. The only part he sings, and highly anticipates, is "treat". He yells it out with glee right when we get to that part. Like any sound minded child, he likes treats probably more than he likes popcorn. No worries, we're not loading our kid up with sugar. Treats over here are usually berries/fruits, fruit popsicles, and fruit snacks.
So popcorn and treats... hmm... sounds like someone else I know very well (ahem. myself). Jon can attest to my constant need for treats in the house. I just love having something sweet to snack on. Berries/fruits, popsicles, and fruit snacks have become as much of a treat for me as they are for Alex.
The latest fav treat around here is homemade ice cream. We bought a bag of Reeses Pieces and some hot fudge tonight to mix in to the batch we're going to mix up in about 15 minutes. I can't wait.
The Red Vines were right there by the Reeces Pieces, so I had to get those too. I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching the movie we rented with a big bowl of popcorn, then moving on to the red vines (guaranteed not to be snitched by my husband since he doesn't like them. I know, crazy!) and finishing off with some homemade ice cream. Sounds like a pretty good night to me!
I'm going to see if I have a video of Alex singing Popcorn Popping...
Monday, August 25, 2008
Make a Treat!
Posted by Carrie at 8:06 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment