Monday, June 2, 2008

A new haircut and the organization of the toys


On Sunday I pulled out the clippers, snapped on the 4, and went to work on Alex's hair. It ended up being a little short, but it's not bad. We fed him sour gummy worms to keep him distracted and I went really fast. He didn't care at all and hopefully it will be a little while before we need to do another one.






I'm a little sad that he doesn't have the blond curls that Jon had when he was little, but I guess I'll get over it. I hope at least one of our kids will get the blond curls!






If you couldn't tell, Alex loves balls. Here he is with his latest discovery... Daddy's football.
And with his pink football. Yes, he has a pink football. I couldn't help it... that was the only color they had in the set I got him. Jon calls them doggy toys, but they are just easy grip balls. Alex loves the football because it bounces all crazy, especially down the stairs.




And, in my effort to organize my house more (since we plan on moving next year, I'm slowly working on getting everything organized and nice looking so that 1)-I don't have to do it all last minute and thus, 2)-enjoy the organization myself for a longer amount of time), I got a toy bin organizer for Alex.

Before, all of the toys were piled in (and out of) a single laundry basket in the closet under the stairs. It was a big mess in there! Now they are all in little bins and I try to keep things that go together, together (hint hint Jon: those toys all have certain places when you clean them up). Alex was so excited yesterday discovering toys that have been sitting at the bottom of the laundry basket that he hasn't seen in MONTHS. Now he can see all of his toys and will go in the closet, take a toy out, show me and tell me what it is with much excitement, and then go back in and repeat. The picture is of him doing exactly that (he ended up bringing out the Mr. Potato Head glasses). You can see how excited he is! Turns out it's a really good picture of his hair cut as well.

And here's a shot of the closet without the boy in it. Hooray for being able to see all the toys! It makes it much easier to send Alex in there to find something to play with without me don't having to be right there going, "oh! Look at this! Cool!" to get him to play with something.
I think I'm going to label the buckets so that we all know where things go and I don't have to reorganize after Jon is nice and cleans up for me.

1 Comment:

Melanie said...

Hey, I was organizing toys this weekend also! You would be proud of me too...I bought some toy boxes on Craig's list! I've never really gotten into buying used stuff online, but the toy boxes are not that bad, and they were really cheap! Yay!