Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bedtime Woes

Jon and I were absolutely bewildered last night when Alex woke up screaming and then wouldn't go back to sleep even after we went in to retrieve the binky for him (he throws it out of the crib when he's upset), give him some teething tablets (cause the kid never screams like that after we've put him to bed), take him some milk, and read him another story. *side note- we only did these things because the waking up and screaming was so unusual for him, so we thought something was wrong.*
Eventually, he went to sleep on our bed with me laying next to him and singing to him.

He then proceeded to wake up at 7:30.
Which he has been doing all week, when he's always been an 8:30 boy. I'm thinking it's the bright morning sun, so since I didn't put anything on his window before he went to bed, I just may sneak in there and do it tonight. Jon and I don't do 7:30 am well.

The saga continued tonight when Jon put him to bed. I put him to bed last night, which only occasionally happens (I have an awesome husband!), so I was thinking maybe he was being weird just because I put him to bed. Well either it wasn't me or I just messed things up because he screamed when Jon went to put him in his bed.
And he screamed in anger for at least 30 minutes before giving up. There was no way we were going up to help him out. He's been going to bed perfectly fine for over a year. He knows to lay down and go to sleep. He was just mad that his screaming wasn't bringing us to him. And I'm really really hoping this doesn't become one of those battle things. Having a screaming toddler every night is not my idea of a pleasant end to the day.

I guess we'll see what the rest of the week holds and hopefully he'll figure out pretty quick that bedtime is bedtime.

Oh and quick brag about my deals of the day. I found Alex a new pair of nice looking sandals at Wal-Mart that were $14 for $4! I also found some veggie/fruit juice (like V-8 Splash) that was $2.50 for $.50. I plan on going back and getting some more of that tomorrow because it was such a good deal. That's less than a thing of apple juice would cost me! Hooray for Wal Mart.
and yes, I am totally giggling at the thought of Wal Mart haters rolling their eyes at me being happy about shopping at Wal Mart.

3 Comments:

Jenni said...

Having a screaming toddler is no fun! Hopefully this phase will end soon.

Amy North said...

Just out of curiosity, are you giggling at any Wal-Mart haters in particular?? :) Randall's has good deals too, y'know. They have milk right now for $1.50!

Anonymous said...

wow! $1.50 milk is AWESOME! Sometimes I really wish we had a big deep freezer (even though freezing milk sounds really weird to me) so that we could stock up.
I'll have to go over and buy a couple of gallons! I agree... Randall's does have some awesome deals. I wish that they were a bit closer though.
And no.. I wasn't giggling at anyone in particular. Just the haters in general. ;)