Friday, June 13, 2008

Diaper Deal!

I embarrassed my poor husband tonight at Target. In my defense, I was going to go without him, but we ended up meeting up and going there before dinner. It wouldn't have been as embarrassing if they had more lanes open, and I felt bad for holding up the line, but we did get through it all pretty fast. Jon was just embarrassed to be standing there while I did my coupons and 10 separate transactions.

So right now there are 2 Target coupons out, each for $5 off (one in the form of a $5 gift card) of a pack of Pampers diapers/trainers and a pack of wipes (180 count or more is specified on one coupon, but not the other). To sweeten this deal, I paid $5 on ebay and got 20 $2 off of 2 pampers products manufacturers coupons.

I did separate transactions with a pack of diapers and wipes each, used the gift card coupon FIRST, then the other 2 coupons. Sometimes the gift card coupon wouldn't pop out a gift card and the cashier would just take the $5 off of the transaction, leaving my total to $3.77. Original price was $15.48. If the gift card does pop out, I would pay $8 something and then use that $5 gift card on my next purchase. It all works out in the end.

I have 10 coupons left to use and I'll be going back probably later this week to get some more diapers and wipes. I'm wondering if there is any way that I could take my excessive amounts of wipes (180x10!) to a store and exchange them for packs of diapers... hmm...

And another happy note is that we then went up to the outlets to exchange some shoes we got for Alex (his feet decided to outgrow the 5's I just got for him in April) and I got some sweet deals at GUESS. They had 50% off of already marked down stuff, so that was great. The funniest thing though was finding bermuda shorts that fit me in the girls section. They were actually a little big (the 16's) because they had a TON of stretch to them and I probably should have tried on the 14's, but it was 9 and Alex and Jon were done.
I also finally found me a cute pair of denim capris. I have the hardest time finding cute capris and even bermudas. My huge problem with capris is that since I have really short calfs, they always end up at a weird length on me. So I was really happy to find cute ones (I did have to try on about 10 pairs though). They are a bit tight, but I'm hoping they do the same thing that most jeans do and stretch. I'm just going to have some skin tight jeans on for a couple of months.

By the way, Papaya is a GREAT place to shop for denim capris! They had 10-15 different styles which is more than I have seen anywhere! They have a really crappy return policy though. You only have 14 days to exchange them and they don't do cash or CREDIT CARD returns. It was the strangest thing I had ever seen. Basically, if you spend money at Papaya, the money is there permanently as you will only get store credit for anything that you return. So I did have one other pair that I wasn't totally decided on and was going to get, but didn't because of their lovely return policy. And maybe it's just the outlet that has that return policy, but it was really weird to have such an extreme policy.

It was a fun night out with the fam and good thing I had fruit snacks or we would have had an interesting time with Alex. I'm so glad I have Jon to go shopping with... it's great to have him entertain Alex for me. Alex greatly takes after his dad and HATES shopping. I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned before that if I even wander into the clothing section at Target Alex immediately gets upset. He knows.

Oh, we also decided that Alex would like to try out one of those little mall rides that they have. I guess we should have found one that people were already using so that he could see what was going to happen because when we put the money in and the voice came on saying to stay with your child, it freaked him out. He wanted out of that thing ASAP! We tried to show him that it was fun to ride and he would have nothing to do with it. Oh well. I'm sure in a year he'll begging to go on the things.

4 Comments:

Jenni said...

Wow where do you get those coupons for the diaper deal? I'd like to know!!!

Carrie said...

here is a link to the coupon generator
http://www.afullcup.com/upload/cmps_index.php?page=coupon_generator
you can type in the amount of each coupon you want and it will print 4 on a page.
You can also print any of the target coupons out right in the store at their registry kiosk!

Lyns said...

Carrie--silly bear! I did all my transactions at once!! AND if you give them the gift card one FIRST it will always generate the gift card.

DaNae said...

HAHAHA.... I love that Jon was embarrassed by his couponing wife! Macey also hates shopping, and also whines the second we go into the clothing dept. at Target. Darn kids. Whatever happened to their short term memory?

Yay for outlets! I wish we had some that close!