Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fish Sticks



Alex does not take after his dad in the area of fish sticks. Jon detests the things. Alex devours them.
Today for lunch I made him six fish sticks and they were gone in about ten minutes. I upped it to six today since he easily ate five the last time I made them.
I love that they are easy to make, which is a must for lunch time around our house. And this is about the only way he gets his omega-3's since the kid spits out both avocados and tuna fish, which, oddly enough, are both things that Jon loves. (Okay, he doesn't love the tuna fish, but he does eat it for lunch every day.)

Really though, I'm just glad that I have a kid that isn't terribly picky about what he eats. We did the picky/not eating at all thing for a while and it drove me crazy, so I'm VERY happy that he eats so much now. I can even get him to eat green beans these days which he was VERY opposed to for MONTHS.
Don't ask me how I do it. The kid sways with the breeze. I will say this though... anything with dip is our friend (fish sticks have dip!). Even though some meals (like the bbq chicken for lunch on Thursday) he ends up just eating the dip. Hey, ketchup is nutritious right?

0 Comments: