And I'm probably going back next week- or at the very least in the next month. And I may take advantage of the Mommy's Night Out classes they have. How fun to get a night out to work on and finish a project. Awesome.
My favorite thing was all the cute fabric they had for 40% off. This is excellent news when the fabric is $8-10 to begin with. I wanted to buy so much stuff, but like the good wife I am, held out.
So here is what is perplexing to me- why can't I find any quilting stores that carry all the great fabrics in Round Rock of all places?! And why do I have to go all the way downtown for Joel Dewberry? Or all the way to Cedar Park for Amy Butler? And why the heck doesn't anyone carry Heather Bailey?! Two stores in Utah do, but absolutely nothing in Texas?! I'm appalled.
I've only seen one store - a sewing machine store in Round Rock that has Moda fabric. I think the same store carried Michael Miller, but I can't be sure because there is something funky with the search function at Michael Miller. Is it really too much to ask to have all of my favorite fabrics all in one store that's not 30 minutes away?
I keep telling Jon that I want to open a fabric store that has all of the great fabrics and designers all in one place. (Wanna move to AZ Lyns?!)
If you have a favorite fabric desinger/collection, please let me know in the comments so that I can see if any stores in ROUND ROCK actually carry it. I just can't believe there would only be one store in all of Round Rock that carries cool fabric.
Come on... Lyns, Nicole, Mush... I know you're dying to comment here!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Yes, it was wonderful.
Posted by Carrie at 11:26 PM

3 Comments:
I know it. JoAnn gets pretty drab after a while, doesn't it? I've thought about buying fabric online, but am scared. Buying fabric is such a tactile thing -- I have to touch it!!
I just got some new fabric that I LOVE!! There is the Rhapsody by Rosemarie Lavin (Windham Fabrics), Park Slope by Erin McMorris (FreeSpirit), and Pumpkins Gone Wild by Sandy Gervais (Moda).
The Moda one is kind of a Halloween theme, but some of the patterns are more fall colors than Halloween. I am not big on the themey Halloween prints, but some of the others are awesome!
Hey!! The Whimsy Cottage is for sale here! I vote that you buy it and move back!!
Post a Comment