Ever since eating at The Spaghetti Warehouse where Grandma shared her noodles in marinara sauce with Alex, Alex has been absolutely crazy about noodles and sauce. I've taken to cooking a big pan of penne noodles that Alex can tear through during the following week or 2 because he eats a LOT of them several times a week. He will seriously eat about as much as I can when it comes to noodles and sauce.
It hit a new level when last week he put his noodles on his fingers and was saying "hi" for them (this is what we do when we play with puppets or stuffed animals... they just say hi to each other).
Another benefit of the red sauce is that I can puree more veggies besides tomatoes to put in them- I'm thinking red peppers and carrots.
And on that note, my wonderful mom just sent me the Deceptively Delicious cookbook by Jessica Seinfield which is all about pureeing veggies to put in stuff. I'm really excited to try out the recipes and get some extra doses of vegetables in.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Noodles and Sauce
Posted by Carrie at 12:01 PM

1 Comment:
For some reason Owen LOVES pasta as well. He basically subsists on primarily pasta and rice. It is the only thing he eats in large quantity. I usually cook up pasta for the week for lunch as well. Funny that Alex is the same. So, can I add you to our blog links? We changed it so we only put first names. Let me know.
Post a Comment