This weekend was jam packed for us. More specifically, Saturday was. Jon played in the final softball tournament at our stake's Pioneers and Patriots festival. As the winners of the losers bracket, they played 2 games against the winners of the winner's bracket and won both, so we won the CHAMPIONSHIP! (Jon wants me to add in that he himself scored the winning run in the top of the inning). My personal input is that he played great and got some really good hits and runs. Go Jon!
Alex had a great time running around outside for 2.5 hours, sharing his fruit-snacks with Walker, drinking from a little water bottle, and playing with a softball (until he threw it and it rolled down onto the field...)
I also have to add in the humor that Jon finds in the Pioneers and Patriots festival. Basically, Mormon history in Texas is that the Mormons that settled here are the ones that didn't want to follow Brigham Young and continue heading West. So they came to Texas. And let's not forget Our Confederate Dead. Texas patriotism is great!
Sadly we did not get to stay for the catered bbq, massive amounts of watermelon, and sno-cones at the festival because Jon's team for work was having a team bbq. It was a lot of fun and Alex tried some "Earl Campbell's Hot Links".

Alex loved the landscaping rocks they had in their yard. They kept him busy almost the whole time we were there. I think he will be very happy in Arizona.
To top off a great weekend, Alex pretty much ran to nursery today. He was so excited to go and play! He ran down the hall and tried going in each door, thinking it was nursery. The sight was so funny to me because he has NEVER done that. I'm glad I didn't have to walk down the hall to primary listening to the screams of my child coming from the nursery!
Jon also gave a talk in sacrament meeting. He did a great job and Alex did a good job of sitting in the bench with me and staying entertained. We usually sit in the back and he wanders the back when he needs to. We'll probably have to sit in a bench every week... guess that means we'll have to leave at 12:30 instead of 12:50.
Funny Alex story from this week: I found a red/black small spider crawling on the floor by where I change Alex's diapers and thought it was a red ant. I get freaked out if I see any red ants in the house because that means there is more of them and I have to figure out where they are coming from. So I said, "oh crap!" and Alex quickly followed with a "oh tap". I thought it was funny (still undecided on if I'm okay with Alex saying oh crap or not) and was telling Jon about it when we were all in the car that evening. I looked back at Alex and said, "say oh crap" and he said, "pooh". We about died laughing!
(the pooh comes from a recent discovery of Winnie the Pooh. Apparently Alex was thinking about him in that moment).
AND FINALLY- we have another HD video for you!
This is Alex saying "I breaked it", which we think is cute. Of course, this is the only thing he proceeds with an I and I have no clue how he figured out to say I and knew that it referred to himself. Apparently he just knows that he should use it with "breaked it".
Please excuse my weird looking hair. I hate blowdrying it if I'm not going anywhere.
I breaked it from Jon M on Vimeo.

2 Comments:
Yay! for being good in nursery. Nothing makes church run smoother for me than a good transition to nursery. You gotta love when toddlers say crap. It probably shouldn't be funny...but it is.
I love the video. His "pease" sounds exactly like Avery. With the signing and everything. :)
Post a Comment