Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Of Bedtimes and Wake-ups

We have a fairly easy bedtime routine. Go potty, jammas on, say prayers, big hugs and kisses (and now tight squeezes) for Mama, night-night bye-bye I love you, chase Daddy up the stairs (yes, Jon puts Alex to bed every night. He chases me for naps.), read a story, brush teeth, and in bed night-night I-love-you.
And then Alex decided he wanted a song.
So now after the brushing teeth part, he says, "sing a song?"
and we ask, "what song?"
"woody and buzz" or "dr. seuss" or "to infinity and beyond" or "froggy" etc...
All not really songs. Just whatever is in his head that Alex wants a song about.

Jon and I have gotten pretty good at improvising. We usually work in Alex or a little boy who was so tired and wanted to go to sleep in there.

Good times.

As for waking up, going to get Alex up from his nap is one of the highlights of my day.
He used to wake up crying and that wasn't so happy for me, but now he yells, "MAMA! I WAKE UP MAMA! MAMA!" until I come and get him.
And the second I open his door he says, "I get out, mama? I wake up!"
Then he usually lets me carry him down the stairs with his arms around my neck.
I love it.

0 Comments: