Friday, March 6, 2009

Carseat Awesomeness!

Remember how much we love woot.com?
The love fest continues.


Photobucket

We scored this AWESOME carseat for Alex for oh... $100 (our other carseat was about $70). Normal price on this guy? $260-$290. Oh! or $170 here.
And he can ride in it FOREVER.
Seriously. He could stay in this thing until he's 8.

Photobucket

It's a Recaro Como Convertible. It's one of the best rated carseats out there (it's up there with Britax). Recaro actually makes racecar seats.
I am in love with it. Alex is in love with it.
It's super nice and plushy. There are lots of great extra little features that his other carseat doesn't have.

My favorite thing by far though is the latches. The LATCH system is the absolute safest way to install your carseat. I was quite spoiled with our infant seat (a BabyTrend) which had press button releases and THICK metal like a seat belt buckle that just clipped on. Even though the handling on that carseat wasn't always easy, the ease of hooking/unhooking it was worth it.

I've had many a battle with hooking/unhooking the little clips on his current carseat. If you have a Graco, Eddie Bauer, or Cosco carseat, you should be familiar with the LATCH clips I'm talking about.

I was thrilled that the clips on the Recaro are like the ones on the infant seat that I loved!
To see what exactly I'm talking about, go here and watch the video of the lady installing the carseat. (at about 2o-25 seconds is where it shows the clip).


Photobucket


Oh and Jon would want me to mention the woot stats by state. Here's the image from woot of which states had the most people buying the carseat. Is anyone surprised?

3 Comments:

Crystal said...

Oh dang, we missed that one. I love woot, but forget to check often. That carseat looks awesome!

Annie said...

What an awesome deal! Thanks for introducing me. I try to check each morning for the deal of the day.

Heather said...

I was so tempted to get one of those even though I have no kids. Awesome deal!!!