This had to have been one of the funnier tantrums Alex has ever thrown.
Usually he just does a little yell/scream and then lays on the floor quietly. Those tantrums make me laugh too. And it does take a part in this one.
But this one was so much more!
You can see that he starts out with plopping himself down on the floor. But instead of the lay down I was expecting (he's very careful about when he's on a hard surface to not throw himself on the floor), he looked at me and did this:



Apparently, he just wanted to get to the soft surface so that he could do the laying down thing in comfort.
Well, that wasn't enough. After laying for a few seconds, he decided to go on the move again.

Don't you love that expression on his face in the previous picture?
The next picture is the final destination folks. This is where he ended up.
After I took that picture of him and kind of laughed/looked at him with a humored look on my face, he kind of laughed a little. And then caught himself and started crying.
So I distracted and asked if he wanted to take some pictures too.
He initially said no, but what 2 year old can resist when I tell him to push the button on mommy's special camera.
We got a couple blurry shots and he couldn't really hold the big camera and push the button, so I just pulled out our point and shoot camera for him.
And as a special bonus-
I took a picture of my now uniform hair color. Jon (!) helped my dye it on Tuesday. I figured that my blonde had grown out past the point where I could still pass it off as okay.
It actually turned out a nice color with a hint of red to it, which was totally unexpected since I picked out a color with a cool base (I figured it would work better with the old blonde dye in my hair. AND better to have blue hair than orange).
It's not the greatest picture of my hair and the lighting in that bathroom stinks (it's supposed to be intimate), but that's all I've got.




2 Comments:
Ha, ha! R and I both thoroughly enjoyed that (I love his shirt, too!). I'm glad I'm not the only person who finds their child's tantrums amusing at times. Mostly it makes me feel like a mean mom.
That is quite hilarious! Who knew that any tantrum could be thought out in the least degree, or choreographed for that matter. But I can't say as I blame him for not wanting to hit his head on the floor, even the whole ordeal might be a little more convincing if he did.
Post a Comment