Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cookie Monster

I made some chocolate chip cookies on Friday night and left them on the cooling racks.

I failed to realize that Alex usually has free reign in the mornings as we just turn on the TV for him and go back to sleep (we so don't wake up at 8 am) for another hour or hour and a half.

Some time after he had been awake, he came up to our room and he had stuff on his face. I proceeded to ask him what was on his face and wiped some off and smelled it... chocolate.
That boy had been in the cookies.
At that point we had no idea how much he had eaten.
Yet, we still stayed in bed and let him do whatever.

When we came down we found that he had gone to the extra effort of pulling his bulky potty seat stool over to the kitchen counter from the bathroom to be able to reach the cookies. We think he only ate about 4, but 4 is a lot for a 2 year old!


We thought the problem was solved when we put the cookies in plastic baggies. Yesterday morning (while he had his free reign) he brought me up a bag and asked me to open it. I gave him a cookie and then hid the bag under Jon's pillow (don't ask me how he doesn't figure that out, but he has no idea where the cookies or whatever I may hide under there go).

And then there was this morning. No cookie demands. And I was pretty sure he had stayed upstairs.
And then we came downstairs.
And the baggie that had about 4 cookies left in it was on the floor, empty.

We still have one baggie full left. We'll see what becomes of it this week.

0 Comments: