Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Workin' on getting both cars back in the garage

Today Alex helped me put together the plastic shelf we got on saturday. It's pretty much pvc-ish tubes that slide into holes in thick plastic shelves. Probably not the MOST durable, but it serves it's purpose. Alex was so funny helping me. He's really into copying lately and so as I was grunting and uhh-ing, so was he. And he was so serious about doing just what I was doing. It made me laugh and I (of course) wish I could have gotten it on video.

It works perfectly in our garage. There are a few more things that need to be cleaned up in there, and the pavers all have to be moved out and then we should be able to park both cars in. I am really annoyed at having to keep our garbage can in the garage. It wouldn't be a problem is our garage was big enough, but even with nothing else in there, Jon still had to do a tricky little maneuver to park in there. We now have it situated on the small ledge that I put the shelf on right by the door in hopes that the tricky maneuver could be avoided. It could go between our 2 cars if the door into our house wasn't right there.
We also have the problem of a bike trailer. I'll probably end up keeping it folded when we aren't using it. A little more work to get it hooked up to go, but hey... 2 cars will be able to fit in our garage again if it stays folded.
Note for next house: get an extended garage or 3 car garage to hold all the "stuff" which I imagine only multiplies as children grow and more children are added.

Tomorrow: pictures of the pavers and the garage shelving. Lucky you!

0 Comments: