Today was a project day.
Since we had funds to use, we decided to get some of our bigger house projects done. It's nice that our Home Depot just opened on Thursday and it's only 5 minutes away.
We did go to Lowe's first though because we had a $10 off of $50 coupon. So we got a new filter for our fridge, a shelf thing to go in our garage, and a tool hanging rack for the garage.
Obviously, organizing the garage is on my list of things to do.
Then to Home Depot.
We got bead board kits to go on the kitchen island (I still need to pick a paint color to go on it. Black or dark brown? What do you think?) and in the bathroom upstairs, some paint supplies to paint the bathroom upstairs, some landscaping fabric, and some crushed granite.
We came home, put the boy down for a nap and went our separate ways.
Jon headed outside to work on our extended patio, which we are constructing out of pavers. This project has been in the works for about a year. It didn't help things that it was exceptionally rainy most of the summer last year. So Jon got the rest of the grass dug out, the ground mostly level, and spread the crushed granite that we had out.
I went upstairs and mixed up the green and blue paint that we had leftover from Alex's room and then added some off white (a gallon of oops paint that we got for $6! yay!). When I got the right tone, I started painting. Good thing it's a small room. It's not quite done, but as soon as I'm done with this I'm heading up there to finish it off.
The beadboard still needs to be put up, but we should be able to do that next week.
The biggest adventure of the day was going back to The Home Depot to pick out our pavers. We found some that we thing will look really nice. I would show you a picture, but they don't have them on their website. So are you asking why the big adventure? I think I can sum it up by saying that we only have a car and we needed to get 152 12"x6" pavers back to our house. Each of those guys weighed about 12-15 lbs (according to how one felt in comparison to how Alex feels since I carry him a LOT). We ended up taking 3 trips. Did I say how glad we are that our new Home Depot is only 5 minutes away?
So now we have pavers, some more crushed granite, and some sand so we can finish our patio. We're going to have a bbq with the guys on Jon's team at work here in June, so we want to have it done by then.
It's nice to have good productive days. I remember working every Saturday with my parents and I hope to do the same thing with my kids. I know that we hated it, but it taught us a lot and I'm sure my parent's appreciated have the extra hands ;).
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Talk about projects!
Posted by Carrie at 8:50 PM

1 Comment:
I have been wanting to fix up our island and do a patio like that too! I'll have to see it when its all done.
Post a Comment