Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Last Days...

...in Utah. Our flight leaves tomorrow at 9 am. Alex only took a 1.5 hour nap today and also went to bed late-ish. We'll be up and leaving at about 7/7:30 and I plan on drugging him after our experience last time. Especially since I don't have Jon there to assist or rescue me if I get stabbed in the eye by crayons. I would rather hold a non wiggly sleeping little boy. Wish me luck!

I've had fun the past few days. It's funny how at the end it's suddenly a cram to get all the last minute stuff in. I got a couple of aprons made and I also made an awesome sling for my friend, Marie (Go UTES!). Yesterday I helped my mom spend her Pottery Barn gift card, but I didn't get a chance to help her put it together. Sorry mom! We also didn't hang the mirrors in the guest room that we put off every time I am here. Sorry again mom!
I got to go to a fun playdate with my internet mom friends today (hehe... such a nerd) and it was really fun!
After that, I got my ring dipped and polished. It's been about 2 years since that has happened. We don't live near a Shane Co. and always forget or put it off and then run out of time while we are here. Now I have a pretty, sparkly shiny, no longer yellow tinted ring! Hooray!

We finished the day off by going swimming at the rec center. I took Alex down the big curly slide a couple times (the first time he was pretty anxious and the 2nd he just screamed a little as we got to the end and we were going pretty fast {he doesn't like fast crazy stuff like that... he screams when I spin him in a circle and he gets dizzy}). He eventually got used to getting water in his face (so did I... it wasn't that bad! But I still don't like water in my face.) and he loved chasing me, grandma, aubrey, mathis, and melanie around in the lazy river. His favorite thing was probably the little jet sprays coming up out of the ground on the toy. He thought they were great! He also really liked going down the little slide all by himself and getting caught at the end.

When we got home and bathed, Grandpa pulled out the camera for some last minute pictures and The Boy finally rolled into bed (Aunt Cindy read him a story and put him down) it was pretty late. I hope the swimming, short nap, and late bed time/early rise works tomorrow!

Speaking of which, I need to get to sleep myself. If I'm going to have a stressful day, I'm going to need some rest!

0 Comments: