Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

How my Mother's Day has been thus far:
-Alex was awake, but happy in his crib until 10:30.
-When I went in to get him, he had a poopy diaper, so I changed it. (Jon was in the shower)
-We had cereal for breakfast... as usual.
-Alex has a mama need going on, so he wanted me pretty much all morning. Actually, make that all day. This made getting ready for church really fun.
-Jon got Alex all dressed and ready for church.
-On the way to church, I discovered I have the biggest blister I have ever had on the inside part of my thumb thanks to the paint roller.
-Once at church, I got to take out the screaming Alex while the sacrament was being passed (the mama need thing).
-I told Alex to give his slimy banana to daddy during sacrament meeting (he always tries to give me whatever he's put in his mouth and taken back out) so that Jon got to have a mommy moment. That was one of the highlights of my day.
-Jon took Alex to nursery and for the first time ever, he didn't cry!
-All I had to do for my class today was make copies! (for 3rd hour, the men/YW took over so the women could go to relief society)
-My sunbeam class was really good in sharing time today. Maybe it was having one of the girl's mom's as a sub for the past 3 weeks that did the trick. Or maybe they just liked doing a craft instead of sitting in their chairs. Or maybe the excitement of seeing their mom's favorite shirt being held up front. Whatever it was, it was a good day without as much tickling and roaming around the front.
-I got a big ol' cookie, just for being a woman/mom!
-I actually got to learn something today by going to relief society!
-And it was pretty much the best relief society EVER. Besides having a great lesson, we were also served cream puffs, mini eclairs, a piece of dark chocolate, a stawberry, and sprite. I know... you can all be jealous now. Really though, just being in relief society was nice enough.
-Alex was happy the whole time in nursery AND came running out to me to give me a little poem with his handprint on it. I think I almost cried it was so cute.
-Alex woke up an hour into his nap and I discovered he has a new little tooth poking through. That was exciting, the waking up crying and being ornery... not so much.
-But he then happily wanted to go back to sleep.

The day isn't over yet, but it has been full of the regular highlights and not-so-highlights but still a very good Mother's Day. After all, being a mother is what Mother's Day is all about. And I am thankful that I am a mother.

0 Comments: