Sunday, May 11, 2008

Another Mother's day post

I wanted to include a tribute to my mom, but didn't want to lump it into one big post about my day.
Things I love about my mom:

-Always there for important stuff! She seriously never misses anything. Choir concerts, sports games, YW/YM stuff, graduations and on and on. I know that my mom will do anything to be there for the important things in her kid's lives. Sure she misses some stuff, but it's rare.

-I love (and hate sometimes) her tornado like abilities. Really annoying when she'd throw away a homework assignment and I'd have to dig through the black can for it. But it was awesome for getting me to get rid of the clutter that would build up in my room. And she was great in helping me get packed for our move to Texas.

-She's very organized. She doesn't like to keep unused stuff around and everything has a place.

-She keeps a very clean house. She is always very good at getting all the little things picked up every day and staying on top of laundry, dishes etc. Her bed is made every day. Did I mention that she worked full time (and still does) for the majority of my life?

-My mom is an amazing cook and always has something in mind that is easy and delicious. Man... I need to get more of her recipes! Now that I cook and have to have a dinner ready I am amazed at her ability to think of things and then prepare them in the window of time between getting home from work at 4 until 6ish when we would eat.

-We always have something to talk about. I love that we can sit and have discussions about things with deeper meaning now. It's so nice to talk as adult friends with your mom! It's been fun to exchange opinions and thoughts that neither of us knew that the other had before.

-She loves her grandbabies. She is always so eager and willing to see and play with Alex. And it's not just because we live far away, she's the same way with Aubrey. It's one of my favorite things to see her and Alex interact. Alex loves his 'ma.

-Her concern for those she cares about. So it may have driven me crazy a few years back, but now that I have a child and a husband, I understand. Amazing what kind of insight becoming a mother gives you. My mom is always very concerned about each member of her family. I love how much she cares for each of us. She also cares very much about the other people close to her... her coworkers, friends, and neighbors and ward members.

-And all the funny little things that make me smile. When she just stops telling a story or has a long drawn out pause. Or when she fast forwards time (Brent, it really was quarter to 7 when she was telling you it was 5 to 7). Crying during most movies. And tv shows. I smile when I think about her infamous exercise video (wash your windows!). The fast breaks to the potty. I know there are countless others, but these are the ones that stand out in my head right now.

I love you Mom and love trying to be like you. You truely are a huge role model to me and I try every day to become more like you (yes, I even throw away stuff on my own instead of letting it collect!). I wish that we lived closer so that I could spend more time with you, because I honestly love every minute of it. Thanks Mom for being such a great mom! I love you!

Photobucket

0 Comments: