Saturday, October 31, 2009

"The Pumpkin Place"

AKA: The Elgin Christmas Tree Farm

We went out to Elgin on a Friday after Jon was done with work.

Alex thought the hay ride being pulled behind a tractor was cool! He was smiling almost the whole time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We went through a spooky forest on the hay ride

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


and saw a lot of Christmas trees

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We saw some animals

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went through a little maze they had there. Alex got to choose which ways to go, but I think we would have ended up in the maze for a long time if we weren't there to let him know which ways we had already been.

Photobucket

Here's Alex celebrating at the end

Photobucket


Alex decorated a pumpkin. I think he's pretty convinced that pumpkins are to be drawn or painted on. I love his concentration!

Photobucket


Then we took some pictures with the pumpkins... kind of. Alex was too interested in climbing all over them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But I got a cute picture with the pumpkins!

Photobucket


After the pumpkins it was on to the dirt and tractors. Alex refused to leave this area for a good 15-20 minutes. It was only with a good amount crying that we finally got him to move on...

Photobucket



... to the duck races. I don't know if Jon or Alex liked this more. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We all had a fabulous time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 Comments:

Madre Marsh said...

I love the goat on the tin roof! I also think Alex's hand gestures during the duck race are so classic. Carrie, I think you should have posed holding two pumpkins on each hip...maybe even a side view! Looks like you had a fun outing for the whole family.

Amanda Fetters said...

You are one hot preggo mama, woman.