Thursday, October 15, 2009

Making my life difficult

Okay, so this could be my fault for not asking him about Halloween earlier. I was counting on him wanting to be Buzz Lightyear. Premade, free costume that we could borrow. It would be easy and I wouldn't have to worry about making anything since I am getting to be quite pregnant and this is a really busy time for me and selling mermaid costumes.

Anyway, wanting to make sure he would enjoy Halloween and would actually get dressed up, I decided to give him a couple of choices of costumes I could easily make, along with Buzz Lightyear. Monkey, frog, or Buzz were his options.

What did he choose?

Frog.


What does this mean for me?
I either have to find a pre-made frog costume for $10 or less (I'm a cheapy and really don't want to spend more than $10 0n a costume) or I will be making him one.

I could make him one from hoodie sweater and pants... which could be $15-$20. Possibly less if I use green pants we have (which have stripes down the side and possibly wouldn't match the hoodie). I do worry about it being hot and the sweats being way to warm though.
It's an easy/fast make... I just have to hunt down a green hooded sweatshirt or jacket. (ironically, I think I had one that I took back in favor of one I liked better. Yes... I'm almost positive I had one and I remember thinking when I bought it, OH! I can use this for a frog costume if he wants to be a frog next year. Of course, 2 months later I didn't remember than when returning it).

I could spend $10-15 on a knitted frog hat (from etsy) and then pair it with the green shirt and pants I have.

I could get a costume off of ebay (hopefully for under $10 after shipping... good luck)

Or I could drape his hooded frog towel around him and pin/velcro it and call it good.
Here is Jon modeling it :)

Photobucket

Photobucket



SOOO....
If you were a 36 week pregnant woman, with your husband to be out of town from the 19th-25th, and you were "working" on the side, what option would you go with?

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I say the Etsy route. (What?? You don't have time to make this??) http://grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com/2008/11/tropical-tree-frog-costume-giveaway.html

Madre Marsh said...

hehehe! I think Jon should go as a frog with Alex!

Mia said...

I'll bring the buzz costume on sunday. Maybe seeing the full thing will do the trick and you won't have to come up with anything. (It has a backpack with wings!)