Saturday, October 24, 2009

Making cookies

A couple of weeks ago, I found some halloween cookie cutters and sprinkles in the dollar section at Target.
I knew that Alex would love it (both the helping and the eating), so we got some and told him that we would make them on Sunday.

We got home from church and he wanted to make cookies.
We told him that we couldn't make them right then because we needed to eat lunch.

So we ate lunch and then got the dough mixed up. Alex helped put ingredients in and was very excited. (We HIGHLY recommend this recipe for cookie dough! It was delicious and the cookies were SO soft! I did have to add a little more flour than it called for though).

And then the dough had to chill.

So Alex took a nap while the dough chilled and when he woke up and came downstairs the first thing he said was, "think I'm ready for some cookies now!" I don't think he realized that we had to cook them. I think he thought we'd just put them in the fridge and that would be it.

We got the dough out and he rolled some out with his rolling pin and I rolled some out with mine and then we cut out the shapes.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Alex quickly discovered how yummy cookie dough is.

Photobucket


And that it's not so good when you put a LOT in your mouth. :)

It's a good thing the cookies only took 8 minutes to cook because after about 5 minutes of cutting out shapes from the dough he was done and ready to just have a cookie to eat. Here he is being a goof (and eating the sticky dough off of his hands) while I finish rolling and cutting out dough.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



After all of the shenanigans, he helped frost a cookie (though he's not very good at spreading...). It was very serious business.

Photobucket

Photobucket



and then he put sprinkles on.

Photobucket

At first he'd pinch a few and sprinkle them on, but I guess that just wasn't doing it for him and he dumped the whole little bowl on. (which is EXACTLY why I gave him just a little bowl).

Photobucket

A lot of sprinkles is much more fun than a few... at least that's what I always thought when I was a kid!

Photobucket

0 Comments: