Tuesday, June 9, 2009

my story about a lady who wants to buy my $5 bookcase from craigs list

All I'm trying to do is get rid of a cheap bookcase that we don't have room/need for any more since we got our new ones!

The first lady that contacted me never gave me a time when she'd be by.
Luckily, someone emailed me today!
I am anxious to get this bookcase out of my front room, so I was excited that someone had contacted me about it.

This is the email I got when we were arranging a pick up.

"I can pick it up tomorrow anytime from 8:30 to 11:00 in the morning or any time from 3:00 on.

Where can I meet you?"

My reply: (and I have to state the my ad clearly stated my location as being my particular suburb or the closest intersection to Jon's work)

"Where are you at?
We're heading to a pool just off of (a street near the freeway in my city) and to the (my city) Libray tomorrow morning. I'd be happy to meet you somewhere around either of those places.

Carrie"


She then replies:

"I will be at the school where I teach
from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 in the morning.
My school is ________ which is (she gives the general area and address). You could google the address or if you want I can explain to you how to get there if you tell which direction you are coming from."

Umm... said location is at LEAST 20 minutes from my house and no where near where I said I would be in the morning and willing to meet.

This is what I don't get... asking me where she can meet me during the time she is teaching/working after asking me where we could meet? It was just a little bit odd.

Actually, looking at it now, she was probably banking on me being around the area where Jon works as my residence and thought that meeting somewhere near by wouldn't be out of my way. But still... I specifically named the city/area I was in and that I wanted to meet in that area.

Anway, I told her that her location was really out of the way for me to come in the morning, but that I would be happy to send it to work with Jon and she could pick it up from there whenever.
I just thought the whole exchange with her certain meeting times and then telling me to just come to her instead of meeting somewhere was funny.



1 Comment:

GreenPhoenix said...

Yeah, situations like that really make you wonder about the level of intelligence of the general public. There's a lot of idiots out there.