
Alex was outside playing while I was doing some grass watering after dinner tonight. I thought it would be awesome fun to wet the slide down for him.
It should also be noted that he was running around in the buff (after swimming we just put underwear on after our shower and he didn't wake up from his nap until almost 6 {didn't go to sleep until 3:30, the stinker} and then he went in to use the bathroom after running in the water for a bit, so his undies were already wet- thus he came back out without them).
So I got the water going on the slide and Alex was all excited climbing up the ladder to go down the slide with water. He thought it was going to be a LOT of fun!
He got to the top and pushed off..
and went down the slide REALLY FAST!
Like out of control fast.
He landed at the bottom with a hard whack.
Hard enough to cause welts on his bare bum (and some on his back... out of control, remember?) from the grass. A couple of welts involved broken skin. Not really bleeding, but nearly.
I felt horrible! (But the image of him flying down the slide and the look on his face is still making me laugh a little...) He now has neosporin on his little bum and it doesn't seem like it's bugging him, so that's good.
So, lesson learned- don't send a naked 2 year old down a long/steep wet slide without something really soft at the bottom to land on.
I definitely get the bad mom award of the day.

4 Comments:
Thanks for the chuckle. The mental picture is priceless!
awww, you definitely don't need to worry about getting the bad mom award. I think we all have let our kids go down a wet slide and yep they go REAL fast :)
LOL! Poor Alex!
That's great! You'd be an even better mom if you took a picture for posterity...
Post a Comment