Friday, June 19, 2009

My new crafty room!

Now I have no excuse not to sew like mad, right Lyns?


It still needs some cuteness and a bit more organization added to it, but it's on it's way there!


Here is the Wall of Glory. The picture resting up there will be hung above the middle section and I think some of the diplomas are going to be moved to the other side to balance things out. Jon and I are just so educated. :)

Photobucket


This is looking in from the door. We have our little fold out sofa for Alex to watch his shows on every morning and while I'm crafting (the TV is directly across from the sofa on the same wall as the door... it's sitting on our double wide file cabinet). The TV in the crafting room when you have young kids is a MUST.

Photobucket


This is just a picture of the drawers that I have under my desk and you can kind of get on idea of how spacious the desk is. I have room for my laptop and sewing machine on one side (the better to multi-task with) and Alex still has room to color on the other side.
I LOVE the color of my desk. I mixed some white/cream in with some darker aqua that I had and came out with this great cheery shade of aqua!
Alex loves to sit in his chair (no more battling for mine) and color, eat his lunch, and watch shows.

Photobucket

3 Comments:

Madre Marsh said...

I am loving the Expedit units! I am going to get the really big one or possibly the tv unit one for Sally's room in the dark brown/black. Where did you get the metal box/totes on the top? I am enjoying the mental picture of you sitting there with little Alex across from you doing his thing! He will love that!

Amy North said...

I. Love. It. Oh my goodness, I want to go to there. Come make me a craft room? Somehow? :)

Carrie said...

I wanted the really big one so that I could have some height difference for visual interest. Alas, I had to go with the metal boxes.
They are from Ikea as well. They were up near the checkout actually, so I think they are summer items. they were with some little grid boxes that they go in (so they're supposed to be hanging planters) They were around $5 each I think.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/seasonal/summer/14204/

They are in the Salvia line (I can't do an exact link cause I'm getting an error.)