Tuesday, April 15, 2008

San Antonio!

We've been having a great time in San Antonio! Well, except for the lack of naps. Hopefully Alex will be glad to have his routine back soon.
So let's see... what have we done? We came down to San Antonio on Sunday night. We stopped at the temple. The grounds were closed, but it was cool to see at night. As we headed down the freeway, we found that it was closed, so we got to drive downtown on a lovely very skinny 3 laned road (each way) with poor quality paving most of the way. It was similar to State Street in SLC, but much thinner. Oh, and we also got to drive next to a nice old cadilac with some big vibrating speakers in their trunk. It's a little weird to see those cars and hear the metal on them vibrating.
Anyway...
A few hours after going to bed on Sunday, Alex woke up and we brought him into our bed (which, by the way we were upgraded to Sleep Number beds. How are they? Eh. They are just full sized, so maybe having a queen size and 2 controls would be different. As is, Jon sinks in and then I have a firm slight slope/rise. I think I would have liked to have just had the regular old queen beds.). A few hours later he woke up crying and he was so hot! Probably the hottest I have ever felt him. I am SO glad that I grabbed the motrin at the last minute. He was so hot that even though the Motrin did bring his fever down, he still felt hot. Jon and I didn't get a lot of sleep.
In the morning everyone left to go see The Alamo IMAX and get some lunch. We dosed Alex up again and took a much needed nap. Then we walked downtown and went on a riverboat ride and then went to see The Alamo. We then ate dinner at an Italian place on the river. Alex had a fever most of the day and was pretty lethargic. He slept again while we were at The Alamo. Thank goodness for reclining strollers! I can tell you though that a canopy extender for the stoller is definitely on the need list. I was going to get one last summer, but then never did. Alex HATES having the sun in his face, but he won't keep his hat on and if we hang his blanket over the edge, he pulls it off. We even tried using the sling and he pulled that off too. Luckily, if he's tired enough, we can get away with the hat coming down over his eyes a little. Sadly, it only works if he's tired.
So yesterday was fun and today we went to the San Antonio Zoo. They had so many cool animals that I had never seen before. I also really enjoyed all of the green everywhere. It was such a difference from the Hogle Zoo. All of the habitats looked very natural. Alex's favorite thing was the alligators and the fish. They have this little cave type area with glass wall areas that you can see into the water and see all of the fish. They had some awesome bright colored fish that Alex got such a kick out of. He would sit on the little ledge and I'm sure it looked to him like the fish were just swimming right there next to me. i'll have to post some video (as long as it's not like a ten minute video or something) and/or some pictures.
All of us, I'm sure, ended up with some good tans. Thank goodness this mommy did remember to bring the sunscreen.
And for dinner today we ate at this yummy italian place, The Spaghetti Warehouse. We were very impressed with the food and the prices. It was very similar to The Spaghetti Factory in feel/decor (complete with old trolley car).
Tomorrow we are going to an art museum to see some Van Gough and Picasso! I am SO excited!!! I think that someone else will have to be in charge of entertaining The Boy so that I can enjoy my art moment. I still get so mad at myself for being a dumb highschooler and staying for all of a 1/2 hr. to an hour at the freaking Metropolitan in NYC!!!! I can't believe that I missed out on that and am praying that I get the chance to go back some day.
We are also going to El Mercado and probably going to see some historic mansions. Do you even have to wonder if I'm excited about seeing old homes? Yes I totally am. I think I'm more excited about that than anything. After our day here, we are sending some people to the Spurs game and the rest will be going with me and Alex back up to Austin. Of course, we will be stopping in San Marcos to check out the outlets for a bit... and hopefully getting home at a decent bedtime for Alex.
Thursday is an hang out at home and go swimming day before we take the fam to the airport to say goodbye.
And because we couldn't get enough of them, we're heading out to Utah on Saturday. Jon is going for a week for work, so I figured I may as well go so that the 2.5 weeks that I will be there won't be as long to be separated.
So, just like the last few days, I'm only going to be blogging every few days instead of every day because I just have so much going on and am gone all day.
I'll try to get pictures and stuff posted on Thursday or Friday!

1 Comment:

Lyns said...

Sounds like sooo much fun!! I'm super excited for you to come and play. PLUS I have big news!! My last day in H#ll is Friday the 26th!! HOORAY!!! So I have more play time that just opened up!