Sunday, April 20, 2008

I should have known better

In reference to last night's post and falling asleep. Turns out early in the morning Alex decided to have a diarrheal explosion. It was not pretty. Oddly enough, I was either still slightly awake or I have super mom powers because I heard the bubbling and rumbling and knew it was not going to be good. The poor kid had poop oozing out the back of his diaper. The whole leg and part of the sleeve of his pajamas on the side that he was sleeping on were soaked. Good thing we had a towel in the room cause after I took the diaper off, there was no way it was staying in there.
Okay, I'll stop talking about poop now.
The whole waking up in the middle of the night thing to feed the baby or clean up poop or throw up is just one of those fun aspects that come along with being a parent. I greatly miss being able to sleep soundly through the night.
I think there is nothing worse than having your sleep interrupted in the middle of the night. You have only been asleep for a few hours and probably had just fallen into a good deep sleep. And then you get to go back and restart the whole process and then have to wake up for the day just when you had fallen into a good deep sleep.
I always am so happy when I have a good nights rest. It seems to happen less as I'm constantly kept awake by my super mom powers, hearing every cough and cry and wondering if I should leave it or go check it out/do something about it. And if there are no coughs or cries, I worry about everything being okay. I can only see this problem getting worse as new children are added. Great. I'm so excited.
I hope all of you other mom's out there are able to get good sleep in at least as often as I do!

1 Comment:

whitney said...

Yep...that's my life too. I suppose it'll be life for the next 20 years or so. That's ok, kids are just so darn cute that they make up for it!