Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pizza!

Tonight I made homemade pizza! It was so yummy! I used part wheat flour and added some Benefiber, so it was good and healthy. There were some improvements that will be made next time around. I'm going to list them so that I don't forget them because we will be having pizza again in the next 2 weeks.
brush olive oil on crust
less sauce
more seasonings in sauce (Jon says to find a better sauce. He says the tomato paste is "low quality" LOL! He used to work at Domino's, so he's a pizza expert!)
more mozzarella cheese

I also made some focaccia bread which turned out fabulously as well. And it was so easy! I used the 2 lb. pizza dough recipe which makes two 12" pizzas and just took some dough out to use for the focaccia. By the way, making dough in a bread maker is FABULOUS! I just put the ingredients in, push the button and it goes to work. I LOVE that I don't have to knead dough. I hate kneading dough, so this is a great great invention for me.
We will be having homemade pizza many more times in the future. It was great!

0 Comments: