Or effecting the sound... whichever.
Today Alex told me that he couldn't get a ball and said it was "in dare" and pointed to our subwoofer, which looks like this:

Great place to stick a ball, right?
I couldn't imagine that leaving a ball in there would be good for the sound quality, so I decided to try to get it out.
My hand didn't fit, so I got some tongs. They were slightly too short and I couldn't maneuver them around to find the ball.
Simply dumping the ball out wasn't an option since that circle part is actually a cone that goes back into the subwoofer.
So I made Alex reach in there to see what he could find. I knew there was at least some kind of coin in there rattling around in there as well.
Alex reached in and got excited when he got the ball. But he couldn't get his hand out if it was around the ball (monkey trap!). So he had to hold onto the ball while I held the subwoofer upside down and then I had him let go of it so the ball would fall down the cone and out.
It worked perfectly!
Out came the yellow nerf ball that we lost I think in July when Grandma and Grandpa were here. AMAZING!
I could still hear something in there besides the coin though, so I told Alex he had to reach in there and find it. He didn't really want to, but I was a mean mommy and demanded that he did.
He finally agreed and reached in.
This time he was able to pull his hand out without the lift and drop and what did we discover was in the subwoofer?
This guy.

please excuse the blurry picture.
It was the only one like the frog that was residing in the subwoofer that the internet could find!

1 Comment:
LOL, what is it with kids and putting stuff in speakers? I'm pretty sure we have a couple small link blocks in ours, but the hole is too small to reach in to retrieve. Not sure how badly it is affecting the sound quality, but I'm sure it doesn't help any. Too funny that Alex did the same thing as Anna!
Post a Comment