Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oops. Too tasty.

Alex decided he wanted some chips and salsa for a snack. Igot out some salsa in a container we had put it in for the suoerbowl. i looked at it and thought it looked a little watery, but thought, "that's good though because Alex doesn't really eat the chunks". After a few minutes he tld me it was too tasty and he didn't like it.
Well that makes no sense. I told him that tasty meant it was good and that he likes salsa.

A few minutes later he told me that it wastoo tasy and that his lip hurt. I thought that maybe he had a cut on his lip or something that the salsa was hurting. I told him to take a drink.

A few minutes after that he came up to me SOBBING because his lip hurt and told me it was too tasty.

I got all frustrated and told him that if we hurting his mouth to stop eating it!
I offered him a different snack of bread or toast and opened the fridge to get the bread and butter out and saw a container of salsa in there.

It dawned on me that I had given him the remains of a can of HOT (with habanero) rotel that I used in some queso on Sunday. The little bit I put in the queso was super hot, so I can't imagine how hot it was by its self for Alex!

I got out the regular salsa and a big glass of stawberry milk for him and apologized profusely for giving him the salsa that was "too tasty", which I figured out he was trying to say spicy. Sorry buddy!

0 Comments: