Sunday, November 23, 2008

Working on reverence

For those readers of my blog who are in my ward, yes, that was my child that yelled out "YAAAY!" and "GOOD JOB" after the opening and sacrament hymns today (you know... that time period where youre transitioning to a prayer and it's totally quiet?).
And we weren't just in the back. We were in the back few rows in the middle section of the chapel. I'm pretty sure that we produced a few snickers. I know I had a hard time listening to the prayer and trying to stop snickering.

I wish I could say how embarrassed I was, but I really wasn't. I thought it was pretty darn hilarious and had a hard time teaching him to be reverent because that would stop the random yay's, hooray's, and good jobs after the songs. And I think it's cute. Irreverent as it may be.

I also highly enjoyed Alex leading the music and singing along during the whole hymn. He's adorable.

1 Comment:

Claire said...

we were sitting right across the aisle from you guys and i didn't notice, but i guess i was preoccupied with my own children...