Thursday, September 18, 2008

Random Alex Stories

Jon was amazed yesterday with how much more Alex is talking just in the 2 weeks that we were gone. He says random things all of the time and surprises me. I'm also impressed with his memory!

He just barely picked up a little cup off of the floor and said, water. Then he remembered that he had a cup of water at the table, so he dropped the cup and ran over to the table to get his water. I love the independence!

And after that he was sitting on the floor and started saying, "PaDa, a-toens?" (grandpa. acorns?... he would go out on walks and find them with grandpa carlson).

For lunch I made him fish sticks (he ate 9 of them!!!) and while they were cooking I said they were almost done. He associates the word almost with driving to grandpa's house (we would constantly hear a little "ah-moes" from the backseat whenever we were driving), so when I said almost he piped right in with "ah-moes a PaDa how-s!?"

On Tuesday we were driving to the zoo with my mom and dad and and my dad sneezed. From the backseat, Alex says, "bess ooo" (bless you). Tawna, did you teach him that while we were down there?

When we were at the airport we saw a big airplane pulling up to the gate, so I told Alex that the airplanes come to park at the gate. so the whole rest of the trip at the mention of airplanes, Alex would say, "air-pane. park a gate" Very cute.

0 Comments: