First of all, I have to share my excitement of having 2 dry days! The first was on Tuesday when we went to the zoo. At about 2 I took Alex in to change his diaper figuring that he would be wet. I was surprised to find that he was dry, so I took him in to the potty and he went! Yay!
Then I went to change him when we got home at 5, he was still dry and went potty again.
To top the night off, before he went to bed he told me "poop" and I took him in to the potty and he went poop! Yay!!!
Today he was naked for the morning and he actually told me when he needed to go pee pee. Awesome! I just got him up from his nap and he was dry (!), so I took him potty and we had another pee pee!
So he's currently wearing his new gerber padded/absorbent underwear and having a great time!
This has been a gradual process that I've noticed Alex showing signs of readiness for about since June that I've just kind of gone with as he's wanted to do things. He's gotten better at recognizing when he needs to potty. I'm going to venture to say that the Kushies diapers that we were using with the cotton inner (as opposed to wicking fleece or microsuede) helped him recognize things earlier. Hooray for cloth diapers! So not only did they save us money, they also saved up the cost of pull ups and the length of time actually in diapers (which if we had been using disposables, we may have ended up buying diapers for a longer amount of time). I don't know if my theory of cloth is entirely factual, but I do think it had something to do with it.
*UPDATED* I knew I was probably speaking too soon and jinxing myself with the underwear. Alex peed in his nice new underwear just before Daddy got home at 6. I asked the kid if he needed to go pee pee numerous times... it's just not that easy. Oh well, the undies needed to be washed a few times so that they can actually absorb something (ya... they didn't absorb a whole lot...)
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Could it be that easy?
Posted by Carrie at 3:23 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment